Information from the Baboró International Arts Festival for Children's website below
Calling creators from underrepresented communities who have passion and curiosity for making theatre for young audiences!
We invite you to apply for a new, paid 4-day workshop. The workshop will allow for collaboration with Moonfish Theatre Company—they will share tools and methods for making theatre in the spirit of creative exchange, as you explore and expand your craft and skills in developing theatre for young audiences.
As a participant of the workshop, you will:
- be paid €600
- (if desired) receive mentorship for 6 months, post-workshop
- be welcomed into a community of artists making theatre for young audiences
Is this opportunity for you?
Our young audiences in Ireland are diverse and they deserve to experience art that represents them, created by artists that they can relate to. We welcome applications from individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Demonstrate a passion and/or strong curiosity for creating theatre/performance for young people, regardless of experience.
- Are from an ethnically diverse community, including—but not limited to—Black, Eastern European, Roma, Mincéir/Traveller, Asian, Latinx, or of a migrant background.
- Are able to attend the entire duration of all workshop sessions in person in Galway City.*
- Are based in the Republic of Ireland.
- Are 18+ years of age.
A total of four applicants will be selected for this opportunity.
The workshop takes place on 4-7 April 2022, 10am-4pm each day, at An Taibhdhearc, 19 Middle Street, Galway.
*Travel and accommodation costs will be covered by Baboró where necessary.
We can also offer access supports to people with additional needs and those requiring assistance with childcare. See FAQs below for details.
How to apply?
We’d love to hear from you—introduce yourself and tell us what excites you about making work for young audiences! This may be written (1 A4 page), audio recorded or filmed (3 min) and may include images or songs. Please send your document or recording to email@example.com
We are happy to accept bilingual applications and we welcome a multilingual approach to work, but please note that the workshop will be delivered in English. We’re open to any other ways you might want to apply, just get in touch!
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 30 January at midnight.
Should you need any assistance in creating your application, feel free to contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to all applicants by Monday, 28 February 2022, end of day.
If, at any point before the 28th February, you would like to withdraw your application, simply send us an email.
Statement of Care
We recognise that life comes with challenges and needs are different for everyone. We can offer additional support for access and are happy to discuss any additional access supports you might require. Please see FAQs for more information or contact Rachel at email@example.com to get in touch.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity or the application process, please join us at our online info session on Thursday, 13 January 2022 at 3-4pm on Zoom. You can sign up here to be sent the Zoom link.
The Zoom link will also be made live on this page 30 minutes before the information session begins and will be removed 15 minutes after the session starts.
Dates to Remember
- Applications Open - 7 December 2021
- Information Session - 13 January 2022, 3pm
- Applications Close - 30 January 2022 at midnight
- All participants will be notified of our decision by 28 February 2022
- Workshop Session - 4 -7 April 2022, 10am - 4pm
If you have any questions, or would like to have a look at the FAQs, please click here